Wageningen University & Research
Wageningen University & Research is a collaboration between Wageningen University and the Wageningen Research foundation.
‘To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life.’ That is the mission of Wageningen University & Research. Over 6,500 employees and 12,000 students from more than hundred countries work everywhere around the world in the domain of healthy food and living environment for governments and the business community-at-large.
The strength of Wageningen University & Research lies in its ability to join the forces of specialised research institutes and the university. It also lies in the combined efforts of the various fields of natural and social sciences. This union of expertise leads to scientific breakthroughs that can quickly be put into practice and be incorporated into education. This is the Wageningen Approach.
The scientific quality of Wageningen University & Research is affirmed by the prominent position in international rankings and citation indexes.
The domain of Wageningen University & Research consists of three related core areas:
- Food and food production
- Living environment
- Health, lifestyle and livelihood
Wageningen University & Research has branches all over the Netherlands and abroad. A large number of lecturers, researchers and other employees are based at Wageningen Campus.
As of September 2016, Wageningen University and research institutes are one brand: ‘Wageningen University & Research’. The research institutes will now be respectively called:
- Wageningen Economic Research (formerly known as LEI)
- Wageningen Environmental Research (formerly known as Alterra)
- Wageningen Bioveterinary Research (formerly known as Central Veterinary Institute)
- Wageningen Livestock Research (formerly known as Livestock Research)
- Wageningen Food & Biobased Research (formerly known as Food & Biobased Research)
- Wageningen Plant Research (formerly known as PPO and PRI)
- Wageningen Marine Research (formerly known as IMARES)
- Wageningen Academy (formerly also know as Wageningen Academy)
- Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (formerly know as Centre for Development Innovation)
- Wageningen Food Safety Research (since June 1th 2019 - formerly know as Rikilt)
Connect to ...