Wanted: Senior Communications Consultant
Will you join us and help us to reposition Foodvalley NL, the international independent platform for ground breaking innovations that enable the transition to a sustainable food system? Are you the senior communications consultant who can highlight Foodvalley’s unique qualities and further enhance and spread our meaningful message? Do you have ample experience as a consultant in a complex and dynamic environment, and are you able to translate that experience into effective communication activities? Then you are the person we’re looking for!
As Senior Communications Consultant you are responsible for a number of focus areas within Foodvalley NL. Together with the Innovation Leads, you develop clear communication targets, plans and methods, as well as more detailed plans for specific events. You make sure everything is in line with the brand and the corresponding communications and content strategy. You consolidate the brand by coming up with the right communication activities, you monitor the results and adjust the activities when needed, all in close cooperation with the Online Communications Consultant and the Communications team coordinator.
Thinking and acting are important parts of your job, as well as setting the right priorities, based on quality and impact. The occasional motivated refusal is therefore needed.
Our organisation is being repositioned and the Communications department is being reorganised. That means that some processes and strategies are not clear-cut just yet, resulting in a unique opportunity for you to use your professional knowledge and your vast experience to advise on and design an excellent communications strategy.
Aspects of your role and tasks
- You develop clear communication targets and plans for your focus areas, keeping the brand and the corporate communication strategy and the content strategy in mind. You provide your co-workers with good advice on communication. You do all of this to make sure that their newsworthy output, customer stories and customer review can find an external podium and the Foodvalley’s positioning is strengthened.
- You aid your focus areas by composing relevant news articles, you edit, you post and you curate. You supervise the production of new means of communication and you can set up and implement small-scale campaigns.
- You work with a network of brand designers, writers, photographers, translators, graphic designers and podcast creators.
- You know what the needs of the Foodvalley target groups are and know how to seamlessly join together the mission and the supply-driven organisational strategy of Foodvalley NL.
- You know your way around the website and the corporate social media and can post articles regarding your own focus areas, curate, and monitor, and analyse both the reach and the conversion rates.
- You coach your colleagues in communication awareness and skills, both for external and internal events.
You’ll be working for an organisation that truly values initiative and fresh ideas. Ours is an inspiring environment, filled with passionate and professional people. You can, you may and you are expected to show us what you can do! We feel that the function of Senior Communications Consultant is best filled by someone with a positive and open attitude, who is frank and communicative, who is passionate about branding and strategic communication, and who likes to build up something solid and then expand from there.
What else do you bring to the table?
- You feel inspired by and feel connected to Foodvalley’s mission and vision. Ours is an innovative environment where collaborations with associated partners are a common occurrence, so implementing and enhancing the communications strategy is a challenging task for you and the communications team.
- A degree in communication at a higher professional level or university level, complemented by up-to-date courses or training that reflect your eagerness to learn.
- At least seven years of experience in a similar function in a complex, international environment with some governmental traits.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing and activating a brand (not just in the corporate identity).
- You know how to build something up and expand from there. You know why, how and what, and are able to communicate this to the organisation and the Communications team.
- A customer focus that you can easily combine with Foodvalley’s supply-driven mission and vision.
- You have a preference for the challenging combination of strategic thinking and strategic action.
- Your command of the Dutch language is excellent and your English is good or very good.
- You are used to giving guidance (on request and on your own initiative), have an inside-out way of thinking and you like to think outside the box. You are not easily thrown off course.
You will be an addition to the Foodvalley NL team. A warm, welcoming and energetic team of more than 25 professionals working on the transition of the food system. Our core values: Together, Personal, Positive, Learning & Developing and Professional.
We aim for maximum impact. We value an open, safe and trusted working environment, where we challenge you to learn, experiment and grow, constantly.
We feel and live ‘togetherness’. Internally and externally. Only together, we can shape the future of food.
Foodvalley NL is the international and independent platform for ground breaking innovations that enable the transition to a sustainable food system. Foodvalley has its roots in the region, is of national importance and has international ambitions. Since 2004, Foodvalley NL has been developing and strengthening the ecosystem; an international network of organisations and companies that jointly work on the future of food. Only together we can make our vision come true: healthy, affordable, tasty and sustainable food for 10 billion people in the year 2050, produced while respecting the animal world and our planet.
Foodvalley NL guides organizations and companies – form start-ups, scale-ups and corporates to investors- through this transition. We set the agenda, keep the pace and connect these parties with international partners, top notch talent, unique knowledge and facilities, and support access to global markets and funding. Through this the ecosystem scales up innovations more quickly and companies grow and develop swifter. All in close cooperation with all levels of government and renowned educational and research institutions.
Foodvalley NL is looking for an addition to the team for 36 hours per week. Aside from a good salary, we value a good work-life balance. We invest in personal growth and learning. And, especially in these COVID19 times, we take care of each other and encourage you to take care of yourself. We promote ample exercise and creativity. Aside from all this, we love to have fun while we work.
Foodvalley has outsourced the recruitment to USG Marketing & Communications Professionals. Yvonne Matze is responsible for this procedure. For questions or more information, Yvonne can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 06-109 404 23.
Acquisition is not appreciated.