Meet & Greet Circular Agrifood: new connections, input and challenges
We look back on a very successful Meet & Greet Circular Agrifood, Wednesday, 22 September, where valuable input was given by you and other Foodvalley NL members. The meeting resulted in new additions of facilities for the Shared Facility Finder, and new connections between participants working on the Circular Agrifood transition!
Did you miss the event? Here is a small recap:
- A welcome from our Marjolein Brasz, Managing Director Foodvalley NL, with a brief overview of Foodvalley's current activities
- The Circular Agrifood programme of Innovation Lead Jolijn Zwart-van Kessel
- The Insects programme of Programme Manager Paula Rijkens
- Input, questions and answers from Foodvalley NL Members
Challenges within Circular Agrifood
During an input round the question was asked which challenges and obstacles you encounter in the transition to a Circular Agrifood system. Some challenges mentioned by the audience were:
- Upgrading waste streams is a challenge in practice
- Government regulations threaten to slow down developments
- Not all companies are eager to change the status quo when there already is a system in place, for example when waste streams are already used for biomass or feed
Foodvalley NL members also gave feedback and suggestions on the programme of the Circular Agrifood Innovation Field. It was suggested to include the role of consumers and retail in this transition. Also, participants emphasized the role that AI and high-tech companies play. This valuable feedback will be used to further develop this innovation field.