NIZO Plant Protein Functionality Conference
The first edition of the NIZO Plant Protein Functionality Conference will take place on October 20-23, 2020 in cooperation with Elsevier.
This conference aims to combine the most recent scientific developments in plant protein functionality in a world that transitions to plant based foods. It will provide a unique opportunity for experts from academia, the food and ingredients industry to interact and apply their knowledge and latest research findings to the design and manufacture of new and improved foods and plant protein ingredients. The conference will embrace all sources of plant proteins, including but not limited to soy, pea, faba bean lupin, canola, rice, sunflower, oat, mung bean, chickpea, flaxseed, wheat, corn, leaf proteins, potato, quinoa, nuts and duckweed. The conference will bring together experts from the fields of plant protein technology, (bio)chemistry, processing, physics, product formulation, sensory, health and nutritional sciences.
The focus of this scientific conference will be on the following aspects of plant protein functionality:
- Plant protein ingredient manufacture;
- Process-product interactions affecting plant protein functionality;
- Fermentation to improve the quality of plant protein ingredients and product's;
- Protein structure, stability and interactions within food products;
- Influence of plant protein ingredients in food product structure and stability;
- Nutrition and digestion of plant proteins;
- Sustainability along the chain of plant protein ingredients and application in foods.
The conference will provide a unique opportunity for experts to interact, share the latest research findings and apply their knowledge to the design and manufacture of plant protein based foods and ingredients. It embraces all sources of plant proteins, such as soy, pea, faba bean lupin, canola, rice, sunflower, oat, mung bean, chickpea, flaxseed, wheat, corn, leaf proteins, potato, quinoa, nuts and duckweed.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 1 July 2020
COVID-19 update from the organisation: We understand you may be concerned about not being able to attend due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 situation. Your registration fee will be refunded, with no penalty, should you wish to cancel during the uncertainty of the outbreak. Contact the organisator.