Foodvalley at Fi Europe 3-5 December Paris
Cooking demonstrations, tastings and breakthrough innovations. Foodvalley and its members are offering visitors plenty of inspiration and networking opportunities during Fi Europe; 3-5 December in Paris. Everyone is very welcome at Booth 7-T-160.
Foodvalley is the Netherlands’ principal business and research network for the food industry, representing more than 160 agrifood companies and knowledge institutes, mostly small and medium-sized enterprises, but also a number of multinationals. Many of its members are start-ups and scale-ups at the cutting edge of food industry innovation. Foodvalley NL accelerates innovation by fostering cooperation between companies, educational institutes and governments.
List of Tastings
Together with chef Erik te Velthuis, Dutch Topsportrestaurant Papendal and in cooperation with Metos Kitchen Intelligence, Foodvalley and her members will host live cooking and tastings, where attendees will also have the opportunity to network with those powering the latest agrifood developments in the Netherlands. Together we will present to you Foodvalley Tasting List 2019 during the Fi Europe:
Plant-based cheese by Fuji Europe
Soy Delice! A soy-based cheese alternative with a natural taste that suits sweet and savory applications. The cheese taste results from fermentation of soy milk with selected strains. The semi-hard type has great melting properties on pizza and a good texture when eaten cold in salads or as a snack.
Plant-based quinoa burger and quinoa based sauces by GreenFood50
Taste the plant-based burger patty and plant-based sauce prototypes are all clean label and prepared with GreenFood50 quinoa ingredients. These natural quinoa ingredients have a high nutritional profile and are produced with sustainable mild process technology from locally cultivated quinoa seeds.
Salmon toast with PhageGuard protection by PhageGuard
RTE food products can be contaminated with Listeria without you knowing it. PhageGuard contains natural phage developed to keep your product, your customers and consumers safe, and maintaining the high taste quality. Experience the salmon with and without Phageguard protection and see if you can taste the difference.
Teff sport shake and teff spaghetti by Millet’s Place
Excellent solutions for athletes and consumers taking care of their health. Taste the sports shake with teff soluble flakes for use in smoothies with all kinds of different flavors. And experience another application of teff, taste the teff spaghetti at the Foodvalley booth.
Tomato with dressing based on Essiccum K and fish nuggets with Provian Plus by Niacet
The tasting shows an Essiccum K based dressing that goes perfectly together with the subtile taste of a well ripened cherry tomato. Essiccum K is a dry granular product with the flavor and functionality of vinegar, designed for producers of dry convenience products and flavors.
Niacet will share the taste of a successful vegetarian fish product produced by Foodvalley’s neighbors at the Fi Europe, Meatless. The tasting will show you the perfect fit of Provian Plus, the natural food preservative which is specifically developed for plant based meat substitutes.
Vegan Asian style noodle salad and veggie falafel pita topped with raita by Phycom
Phycom showcases the application of microalgae in food: an excellent vegan Asian style Noodle Salad and a veggie falafel pita topped with raita. In the two tastings microalgae are used both in the food products themselves and as an ingredient in the dish.
Sliced chicken filet with a sweet liquorice syrup glazing by Ruitenberg BasIQs
For the glazing the dust-free liquorice powder blend was used. Unlike standard powder, the dust-free liquorice powder does not cause respiratory irritation of your employees and your production area. This dust-free powder can be delivered in a mix according to your specifications. Ruitenberg BasIQs also offers organic liquorice powders with eco certified quality.
Nuggets Rudin®ProVega by Ruitenberg Ingredients
Rudin®ProVega is the protein technology that allows imitation of meat structure. You can create your own meat substitute, while preserving the bite and juiciness of real meat. Here you can taste one of the vegetarian snacks made with Rudin®ProVega.
Sports shakes and smoothies by LaVitella
LaVitella, producer of private label sports nutrition, will present four shakes that can be prepared with water into a healthy smoothie: whey Protein Vanilla Shake, Pea Protein Chocolate Shake, chlorella protein isolate shake and vegy & fruit shake is a mixture of more than 30 different vegetable- and fruit powders.
Vegan cheese springroll and unique tomato drink by Yama Products
Analog snack spring roll type cheese, natural and vegan, produced without cheese! Yama Products compares this type against a high impact, competently natural, version with more Umami, so a richer taste. And Yama Products will demonstrate the twisted tomato: a tomato based drink type ‘bloody mary’, without the usual animal derived ingredients from the Worcestershire sauce. The finishing rounding and savoury touch comes from some drops of WBS29, a natural and allergen free base note.
List of Exhibitors
Among those featuring at the Foodvalley booth this year are:
- Fuji Europe Africa focusses on plant-based food solutions such as dairy alternatives, meat alternatives and high value ingredients. Fuji Europe Africa’s Dutch base is key to collaborations with external partners and participation in the global sustainability agenda.
- GreenFood50 uses locally-cultivated quinoa seeds to make quinoa ingredients for a wide range of applications, some of which are used on a daily basis at the Dutch Olympic Training Centre.
- LaVitella makes dietary supplements and sports nutrition products for private label manufacturers to clients’ specific requirements.
- Micreos has developed a natural processing aid using phages to target food pathogens such as listeria and salmonella in at-risk foods including raw-milk cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish.
- Millet's Place supplies teff ingredients from its own proprietary teff strains; these including flours, puffs and flakes, as well as the nutritionally dense teff grain in both organic and conventionally-grown varieties.
- Niacet produces organic salts, such as propionates and acetates, for improving food safety, shelf-life extension, acidity regulation and flavoring.
- Phycom has one of the largest microalgae production facilities in Europe, producing highly nutritious algae for use in smoothies, meat alternatives, bread, noodles and animal feed.
- Ruitenberg BasIQs specializes in liquorice ingredients, as liquid or powder, for the European confectionery industry, and other confectionery-related raw materials.
- Ruitenberg Ingredients provides a broad range of ingredients with a focus on texture, flavor and innovative food formats. Applications include egg replacers, filled meatballs, smoke and grill flavors, fillings and meat alternatives.
- The Protein Cluster is a business platform linking ingredient suppliers, food manufacturers, retailers and others interested in using plant-derived proteins.
- Yama Products offers a range of umami ingredients for producers of snack foods, ready meals, soups, sauces and dressings, with a focus on creating rich savory flavours, including low-salt products.
- Invest in Holland Oost NL (East Netherlands Development Agency) as partner of Invest in Holland offers ‘soft landing’ services for companies expanding their business into the 'Silicon Valley of Food'. Free Information and Services, Tailored Fact-Finding and Introductions, Confidential Guidance and Counsel.