Project manager Shared Innovation Facilities
Are you passionate about transitioning to a sustainable food system? Can you initiate business opportunities, connect people and do you have experience with investments in the Agri-food domain? Then Foodvalley NL is looking for you!
Foodvalley NL is an independent international organisation that works together to accelerate breakthrough innovations that speed up the global transition to a sustainable food system. Our vision for 2050: our food system offers food security to ten billion people worldwide. Tasty, affordable, healthy, and sustainable food, produced with respect for animals and our planet.
This is an enormous task. A difficult one too, so perseverance and a positive outlook are key.
Why is Foodvalley involved
Breakthrough innovations often do not scale up fast enough as the current system doesn’t create the incentives or support for individual stakeholders to make the necessary changes. Together with our partners, Foodvalley NL starts initiatives necessary for innovation breakthroughs to succeed.
The lack of access to Innovation facilities is a common barrier for innovation breakthrough, especially for SME’s who sometimes lack the funding to build them. That’s why, we at Foodvalley, facilitate stakeholders to share their existing innovation facilities, or to invest together in others to develop and build new ones.
Our team of consists of colleagues with a variety of backgrounds and expertise, who together with their extended network can identify promising opportunities which are able to attract, engage, and mobilise those that can make change.
Our team works in three different focus areas Food & Health, Protein Shift and Circular Agrifood. Besides our experts in those fields, our team consists of expertise in Entrepreneurship, Global Connections and last though not the least, Shared Facilities. Together they work to solve issues, create change within their areas of expertise.
The Foodvalley Shared Facilities team works in close collaboration with Shared research Wageningen University & Research research facilities. Together we make innovation facilities available and accessible for all organisations. We do this by mapping relevant shared research and innovation facilities, convincing stakeholders to share their existing facilities, identify needs for additional innovation facilities, and mobilise stakeholders to invest in them together.
The Project manager Shared Innovation Facilities is responsible for building and supporting coalitions for the necessary investments needed to accelerate innovation breakthrough. You convince people to share their innovation facilities with others and identify new opportunities for innovation facilities that enable front runners to make the next big leap forward. Finally, you mobilise the stakeholders to make the necessary investment. You will have access to a worldwide network of relevant partners and work closely with our innovation leads to achieve this.
Aspects of your role and tasks
- Knowledge and experience in developing new facilities for development & demonstration and scale up and production.
- Ability to identify business opportunities. After listening to the needs of different stakeholders you can specify where the next investment in a shared innovation facility should be.
- Know where and what is necessary in order to expand the Shared Facilities services.
- You can prepare a comprehensive business plan for potential investors.
- You are pro-active, self-starter, with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- You can easily engage others in your ideas and plans.
- You can ensure the interests of relevant stakeholders are being met and have the ability to lead negotiations between lead investors.
- Knowledge about working with digital data infrastructure is a pre.
The ideal person:
- Understands the need for transition within the food system and the significances of the role to accelerate innovations.
- Over 5 years of relevant work experience in the Agri-food domain.
- Minimal bachelor’s degree or MBA.
- Has an excellent command of the English language both spoken and written.
Foodvalley NL is looking for an addition to the team for 32-36 hours per week. We are offering a year contract with the possibility to joining us permanently. Foodvalley NL stimulate and invest in personal growth and learning and value a good work-life balance.
We would greatly appreciate you sending a motivation letter and your curriculum vitae before 28th August 2022, to email address HR@foodvalley.nl. Interviews will take place at the being of September 2022.
About the Foodvalley NL team
A welcoming and energetic team of over 30 professionals working on the transition of the food system. Our core values: Together, Personal, Positive, Learning & Development and Professional. We strive for maximum impact. We value an open, safe and familiar work environment, where we constantly challenge you to learn, experiment and grow.