Food Valley NL stimulates innovation in the Dutch agro-food sector, with demand as its driving force. It acts on its ‘conscience’: the needs expressed by the business community. By partnering knowledge with enterprise, we ensure the wealth of food expertise in the Netherlands is put to optimal use.
Wageningen and beyond
Much agro-food expertise can be found in the area around Wageningen. This is where Food Valley NL is based. Our scope is much wider, however. We serve all of the Netherlands with our matchmaking. We also operate internationally, collaborating with various European partners and even with parties in Japan.
We foster innovation:
- We bring together businesses and research institutes in goal-oriented clusters, because we believe the total is more than the sum of its parts.
- We assist entrepreneurs in writing project proposals and help procure available funding.
- We receive Dutch and foreign visitors and match them up with potential business partners or knowledge suppliers.
- We help individual food companies with their innovation questions by putting them in touch with the right research institutes and their partners via our Innovation Link.
- We encourage the development of spin-offs and start-ups, for instance via Food Valley Consortium.
- We support the establishment of new food companies.
- Members use the Food Valley Society to exchange knowledge and ideas.